Driving Miss Daisy

What’s Jack up to? Jack is feeling a little neglected in his new blog home. Sorry but it’s been unavoidable this week. Why?

Because I’ve been Driving Miss Daisy aka the DD.

And yes, there’s way more drama in my car with the 16 year old this week than there was on the big screen. If only I could put on the, ” yes’m Miss Daisy I’ll be gettin right on it” persona that Morgan Freeman did I’d be fine but , no, that ain’t happening. Just not my personality.

It’s dance benefit week for the DD and tensions are HIGH but at least the show goes on. The DD is working hard and dances so beautifully. I worked the door last night helping out with some other moms for the community performance seating some of the special needs attendees and I was happy to get a sneak show peek. Breathtaking. Yeah, I teared up. More on that later.

I’m so sorry to be kinda MIA in the comments world. Thanks so much to Jax for pitching in  with the Avatar /Gravatar question for me while I was hanging in the ‘Car O Drama’.

Wish us luck through 2 more nights of performances.

Best,

Kwana

Tags: , , , ,

14 Responses to Driving Miss Daisy

1. pve says:

I was moved by the performance, and the audience last night. We have so much to be thankful for, to be able to drive our dancers to and from and for them to drive us too, a little crazy, but all so worth it!
    pve

2. Joyce says:

Oh my dear friend I don’t think you will need any luck, but a bigger peacock hat. You must be so proud of your DD. I can only image how beautiful it was. Enjoy, even the car rides, someday these moments will be priceless too. xo

3. kwana says:

You’re right Patricia and Joyce. It’s worth it and priceless and I’ve edited my post to say how I teared up because I do always cry and I know I’ll cry at the final performance on Saturday. Just thinking about it makes me a mess.
    But the teen outbursts. UGH!!! those are whew. Will have to look back and miss from a distance.

4. Your daughter will dance wonderfully, and you will tear up as a proud Mom. Take photos so we can see abit of the action.

5. Car ‘O Drama! That is priceless! Have a super weekend, Kwana! xoxo

6. Debra says:

You will likely look back on these days as some of your fondest. That really does happen-hard to imagine when you’re right in the middle of it-but true. Hold tight and enjoy every second of the performance~ and yes, please show us!

7. Jax Cassidy says:

I don’t have children but I spend enough time playing ‘mom’ to my nieces and nephews. I’ve teared up at a couple of their performances myself.

Enjoy the memories, I know your DD did a marvelous job! :)

8. deidra says:

It will be beautiful, I’m sure of it. Enjoy yourself. These days pass by so quickly. Oh the things I learned while driving my own Miss Daisy around.

9. Maria Geraci says:

There’s nothing like seeing your beautiful daughter sing/dance/act. My daughter does musical theater and I could watch her all day. Have fun!

10. Victoria says:

Kwana, good luck with the performance tonight!
    And I love your new site!

I am in with you at the driving point…
    Driving Drama!

XX
    Happy weekend for us all!

Victoria

11. Amber says:

Good luck with the performances! I’m sure they’ll go great.

12. jane says:

how exciting! don´t think she´ll need any luck though:) love your new home! hope you are enjoying your weekend! besos!

13. Fifi Flowers says:

LOVED this movie!!!
    YOur NEW site looks lovely… I have thought of moving over… but it seems like too much work without a lot of help… maybe I will be brave like you someday.

14. Phyllis says:

I hate driving. The dh says he’s “Hauling Miz Lazy” .